CABWI Cat and Genny (LA: Location and Avoidance of underground Services)
This CABWI accredited qualification aims to provide candidates with the skills and knowledge to use cable avoidance equipment safely and effectively.
By the end of this course delegates will be able to:
- Interpret utility plans and point out on the ground where the services are and interpret the symbols on the plans.
- Survey a site for visual indications of services being present.
- Recognise a range of services commonly found when carrying out excavations.
- Identify the risks and the implications of damage to services.
- Use cable location equipment to find and trace underground services.
- Describe the services that cannot be found with conventional pipe and cable location equipment.
- Conduct the activities safely.
Maximum number of learners
Delegates will be awarded a CABWI certificate of achievement.
We run this course at our premises in Newry and for our clients across Northern Ireland, the UK and the Republic of Ireland at their premises or a suitable site of their choosing.