CABWI Street Works for Operatives
This CABWI accredited qualification is aimed at learners who are operatives involved in utility works and working on UK roads and footpaths.
A Street Works qualification is a statutory requirement; therefore, you must complete the necessary units to legally work on public roads and footpaths.
Depending on your job role and the type of work being undertaken Street Works is divided into the following units:
- O1: Signing, Lighting and Guarding
- O2: Excavation in the highway
- O3: Reinstatement and compaction of backfill materials
- O4: Reinstatement and compaction of sub-base in non-bituminous materials
- O5: Reinstatement and compaction of cold lay bituminous materials
- O6: Reinstatement and compaction of hot lay bituminous materials
- O7: Reinstatement of concrete slabs
- O8: Reinstatement of Modular Surfaces and Concrete Footways
- LA: Location and avoidance of underground services
Units can be undertaken individually, if required. For example, LA: Location and avoidance of underground services (Cat and Genny)
Maximum number of learners
½ day to 4 days depending on the units undertaken
Delegates will be awarded a CABWI certificate of achievement and a SWQR identification card.
SWQR ID cards must be reassessed (England and Scotland) or re-registered (NI and Wales) every 5 years.
We run this course at our premises in Newry and for our clients across Northern Ireland, the UK and the Republic of Ireland at their premises or a suitable site of their choosing.