CABWI Street Works for Supervisors – Reassessment
This CABWI accredited qualification is aimed at learners who are operatives involved in utility works and working on UK roads and footpaths. It is for operatives who need to complete a reassessment to renew their SWQR ID card.
If you work in England or Scotland you have to undertake a reassessment. Although it is strongly recommended you complete a reassessment if you work in Northern Ireland or Wales, as this will enable you to work throughout the UK. The reassessment can be completed between the first year of the ID card’s life and up to five years after the card has expired.
Note: Once the expiry date has passed the card will be invalid and you will be unable to work in operations requiring a SWQR card.
The principal objective of this course is to ensure individuals are competent and can safely complete works on roads and footpaths in England and Scotland. Operatives can complete a reassessment on the following units:
- S1: Signing, Lighting and Guarding
- S2: Monitoring excavation of the highway
- S3: Monitoring reinstatement and compaction of backfill materials
- S4: Monitoring reinstatement and compaction of sub-base in non-bituminous materials
- S5: Monitoring reinstatement and compaction of cold lay bituminous materials
- S6: Monitoring reinstatement and compaction of hot lay bituminous materials
- S7: Monitoring reinstatement of concrete slabs
- S8: Monitoring reinstatement of Modular Surfaces and Concrete Footways
- LA: Location and avoidance of underground services
You must complete a reassessment for each unit you want to renew.
Maximum number of learners
Delegates will be awarded a CABWI certificate of achievement and will be able to re-register their SWQR identification card.
It is recommended you complete the reassessment 6 months before your card expiry date (if you wish to continue working in Street Works operations). This allows time to process you new ID card and deal with any issues.
We run this course at our premises in Newry and for our clients across Northern Ireland, the UK and the Republic of Ireland at their premises or a suitable site of their choosing.