CABWI Street Works for Supervisors
This CABWI accredited qualification is aimed at learners who are supervisors involved in utility works and working on UK roads and footpaths.
A Street Works qualification is a statutory requirement; therefore, you must complete the necessary units to legally work on public roads and footpaths
Depending on your job role and the type of work being undertaken Street Works is divided into the following units:
- S1: Signing, Lighting and Guarding
- S2: Monitoring excavation of the highway
- S3: Monitoring reinstatement and compaction of backfill materials
- S4: Monitoring reinstatement and compaction of sub-base in non-bituminous materials
- S5: Monitoring reinstatement and compaction of cold lay bituminous materials
- S6: Monitoring reinstatement and compaction of hot lay bituminous materials
- S7: Monitoring reinstatement of concrete slabs
- S8: Monitoring reinstatement of Modular Surfaces and Concrete Footways
- LA: Location and avoidance of underground services
Units can be undertaken individually, if required. For example, LA: Location and avoidance of underground services (Cat and Genny)
Maximum number of learners
½ day to 4 days depending on the units undertaken
Delegates will be awarded a CABWI certificate of achievement and will be able to re-register their SWQR identification card.
It is recommended you complete the reassessment 6 months before your card expiry date (if you wish to continue working in Street Works operations). This allows time to process you new ID card and deal with any issues.
We run this course at our premises in Newry and for our clients across Northern Ireland, the UK and the Republic of Ireland at their premises or a suitable site of their choosing.