External Transport Manager
An External Transport Manager works on a freelance basis. They can work for a maximum of 4 standard operators and a total of 50 vehicles. National Auditing and Training employ several transport managers. An appointed Transport Manager will ensure you are compliant, helps reduce your overheads, review your current policies, and develop driver knowledge and competence.
Summary Of The Service
By the end of this course delegates will be able to answer and perform the following:
- Have a basic understanding of the industry and the relevant legislation, the dangers of working in the industry and their responsibilities as a vehicle marshal
- Have knowledge of the manufacturer’s handbook for the particular vehicle / machine to be guided
- Have a good understanding of signs and signals, approved hand signals and different forms of communication
- Identify and maintain PPE appropriate for vehicle marshal duties
- Conduct all necessary safety checks at the work area including stop blocks and tipping areas
- Set up exclusion zone for unloading
- Guide machinery in a forward and reverse direction including confined spaces and “blind areas” safely and efficiently
- Environmental considerations
- Carry out all end of shift and shut down and parking procedures
Dependent on the requirements of the business, we will appoint a transport manager on either an interim or permanent basis.
Our pricing starts at £125 plus VAT for Restricted Operators and £350 plus VAT for Standard Operators.
Please note that although Restricted Operators are not legally required to employ a transport manager, they are required to comply with the same legislation as a standard licence holder. Therefore, National Auditing and Training Ltd offer a flexible, professional service to help keep Restricted Operators compliant