Highfield Level 2 Award in Moving People Safely (RQF)
This Highfield accredited qualification is intended as a further development qualification for those working in areas where the assistance and movement of people is a prerequisite part of their role. It is also suitable as refresher training.
This is underpinned by the safe principles of moving and handling but recognises the special skills required when assisting and moving people.
By the end of the course the delegate will:
- Understand the reasons for safe manual handling
- Understand how manual handling risk assessments contribute to improving health and safety
- Understand the principles, types of equipment and testing requirements associated with manual handling safety
- Be able to apply safe manual handling principles Understand the personal safety health and dignity issues relating to the movement of a person by others 1
- Understand how a personal handling plan and risk assessment reduce the risk of injury to everyone involved in moving a person
- Understand the principles, types of equipment and testing requirements associated with moving people safely
Maximum number of learners
Delegates will be awarded a Highfield certificate of achievement.
We run this course at our premises in Newry and for our clients across Northern Ireland, the UK and the Republic of Ireland at their premises or a suitable site of their choosing.