Highfield Level 2 Certificate in Mental Health (RQF)
This Highfield accredited qualification can be taken by learners in any occupation and is not specific to the health or care sector. It is suitable for learners who are likely to come into contact with individuals who may have mental ill health or a diagnosed mental illness in their work or everyday life, including the Police, paramedics, HR staff or social/recreation group leaders.
This is a knowledge-only qualification that covers knowledge and understanding in relation to mental health, mental illnesses, signs and symptoms and also how to support those with mental ill-health.
By the end of the course the delegate will have covered:
- Introduction to mental health, mental ill health and wellbeing
- Introduction to mood disorders and depression
- Introduction to self-harm and self-neglect
- Introduction to psychotic disorders
- Introduction to substance misuse
- Introduction to health and safety and professional conduct for helping those with mental ill health
- Introduction to supporting mental ill health in children and young people
Maximum number of learners
Portfolio of Evidence
Delegates will be awarded a Highfield certificate of achievement.
We run this course at our premises in Newry and for our clients across Northern Ireland, the UK and the Republic of Ireland at their premises or a suitable site of their choosing.
*The following course(s) have been registered by CITB NI for grant assistance to registered in scope employers