Highfield Level 3 Award in Understanding Mental Health in the Workplace for Managers (RQF)
The manager’s role is to lead, mentor and support an employee to proactively engage in their employment, contributing to the growth of an organisation and working in a way that supports the individual’s own growth as well as the organisation’s objectives and values. It involves supporting employees who may present with mental ill health in the workplace and this Highfield accredited qualification provides an understanding of the basic principles relating to supporting mental health in the workplace and promoting a positive, ‘wellness at work’ culture.
By the end of the course the delegate will:
- Understand mental health and wellbeing
- Understand how mental ill health affects the experience of individuals
- Understand the mental health continuum
- Understand ways to self-manage own wellbeing
- Understand the moral, financial and legal rationale for supporting wellbeing in the workplace
- Understand the relationship between mental wellbeing and the workplace
- Understand ways to engage in a mental health conversation with
- Understand ways to support employees in relation to their mental health and wellbeing
- Understand the absence management and return to work process in relation to mental health and wellbeing
- Understand ways to manage manager’s own wellbeing in the workplace
Maximum number of learners
Delegates will be awarded a Highfield certificate of achievement.
We run this course at our premises in Newry and for our clients across Northern Ireland, the UK and the Republic of Ireland at their premises or a suitable site of their choosing.
*The following course(s) have been registered by CITB NI for grant assistance to registered in scope employers