ITSSAR Abrasive Wheels
This ITSSAR accredited course will allow you to look carefully at your own work activities and contribute to the development of safer working practices.
By the end of the course the delegate will be able to:
- Responsibilities under the Health & Safety at Work Act 1974 & PUWER 98
- Operators safety code
- Pre-use checks
- Correct PPE selection & use
- Storage and handling of abrasive wheels
- Examination and testing of wheels for damage
- Removal of wheels selection (inc marking system), testing & mounting of new wheel, and spindle speeds
- Resetting rests & guards
- Correct techniques relative to the working environment
Maximum number of learners
Theory question paper
Delegates will be awarded an ITSSAR certificate of attendance and, will be registered on the TOPS scheme.
If required, an ITSSAR ID card can also be provided at an additional charge.
We run this course at our premises in Newry and for our clients across Northern Ireland, the UK and the Republic of Ireland at their premises or a suitable site of their choosing
*The following course(s) have been registered by CITB NI for grant assistance to registered in scope employers