ITSSAR Telescopic Handler
This ITSSAR accredited course will provide the delegate with relevant theoretical knowledge and practical skills to safely operate a Telescopic Handler.
By the end of the course successful candidates will be aware of the following:
- Responsibilities under the Health & Safety at Work Act 1974, PUWER 98 & LOLER 98.
- Operators safety code
- Battery maintenance charging and refuelling procedures
- Pre-use checks
- Factors affecting stability
- Motive controls
- Hydraulic controls
- Manoeuvring in open and confined areas and over varying terrain
- Stacking at different levels in open and confined areas
- Destacking with laden and unladen pallets
- Load weight assessment and load moment indicator
- Safe use of attachments (if applicable)
- Lorry loading and unloading
- Post operative checks
Maximum number of learners
Novice: 5 Days
Experienced: 2/3 Days
Refresher: 1 Day
Theory question paper
Delegates will be awarded an ITSSAR certificate of attendance and, will be registered on the TOPS scheme.
If required, an ITSSAR ID card can also be provided at an additional charge.
We run this course at our premises in Newry and for our clients across Northern Ireland, the UK and the Republic of Ireland at their premises or a suitable site of their choosing
*The following course(s) have been registered by CITB NI for grant assistance to registered in scope employers