NPORS Abrasive Wheels – Handheld Cut Off Saw (N017)
This NPORS Abrasive Wheels – Handheld Cut Off Saw course is designed to provide delegates with sufficient training which will enable them to competently and safely use a Handheld Petrol Driven Cut Off Saw. Delegates will be able to identify, select, inspect, and fit all varieties of wheel on a variety of Handheld Cut Off Saws and understand any legal application.
By the end of this course delegates will be able to answer and perform the following:
- A basic understanding of the industry, the dangers of working in the industry and their responsibilities as an operator
- A working knowledge of the manufacturers handbook and be familiar with other sources of information available including relevant legislation
- Be able to locate and identify the major components of the machine and explain their functions
- Be able to locate and identify key controls and explain their functions
- Conduct all pre-operational checks in accordance with manufacturers and legislative requirements
- Identify and maintain PPE appropriate for Handheld Petrol Driven Cut Off Saws
- Select suitable type of abrasive wheel and battery/ petrol cut off saw relevant to the work being undertaken.
- Conduct all necessary safety checks at the work area and set up safety zone
- Prepare the machine for use and operate machinery safely and efficiently
- Environmental considerations
- Storage and transport of abrasive wheel and battery/ petrol cut off saw
- Carry out all end of shift and shut down procedures
Theory test paper
Delegates will be awarded a NPORS ID card, valid for 5 years.
If required, a certificate of attendance can also be provided at an additional charge.
We run this course at our premises in Newry and for our clients across Northern Ireland, the UK and the Republic of Ireland at their premises or a suitable site of their choosing.
*The following course(s) have been registered by CITB NI for grant assistance to registered in scope employers