NPORS Abrasive Wheels (N301)
This NPORS course raises awareness of the dangers associated with abrasive wheels and the practical steps that can be taken to minimise and control the risks that they present.
By the end of this course delegates should be able to answer and perform the following:
- Have a basic understanding of the industry, the dangers of working in the industry and their responsibilities as an operator
- Have a working knowledge of the manufacturers handbook and be familiar with other sources of information available including relevant legalisation
- Be able to locate and identify key controls and explain their functions
- Conduct all pre-operational checks in accordance with manufacturers and legislative requirements
- Identify and maintain PPE appropriate for cutting or grinding machines
- Select suitable types of abrasive wheel and machine relative to the work being undertaken
- Conduct all necessary safety checks of the work area and set up of a safety zone
- Prepare the machine for use and operate machinery safely and efficiently
- Environmental considerations
- Storage and transportation of abrasive wheel machine
- Carry out all end of shift and shut down procedures
Maximum number of learners
Theory question paper.
Delegates will be awarded a NPORS ID card, valid for 5 years.
If required, a certificate of attendance can also be provided at an additional charge.
We run this course at our premises in Newry and for our clients across Northern Ireland, the UK and the Republic of Ireland at their premises or a suitable site of their choosing.
*The following course(s) have been registered by CITB NI for grant assistance to registered in scope employers