NPORS Cable Avoidance Tools (N304)
This NPORS accredited course is designed for anyone who works or wants to work with Cable Avoidance Tools
By the end of this course delegates will be able to answer and perform the following:
- Have a basic understanding of the industry, the dangers of working in the industry and their responsibilities as an operator
- Have a working knowledge of the manufacturers handbook for the particular equipment to be used and be familiar with other sources of information and relevant legislation
- Be able to locate and identify the controls of the equipment and explain their functions
- Conduct all pre-operational checks in accordance with manufacturers and legislative requirements
- Define underground services
- Know how to identify the different types of underground services
- Identify risks that underground services can present and how people may be affected by them
- Causes of accidents from underground services
- Conduct all necessary safety checks at the work area
- Carry our detection tasks
- Identify the risks of excavating near to underground services, and the safe digging practices that should be adopted
- Carry out all end of shift and safe storage procedures
Maximum number of learners
Novice: 1 day
Refresher: 1 day
Theory question paper.
Delegates will be awarded a NPORS ID card, valid for 5 years.
If required, a certificate of attendance can also be provided at an additional charge.
We run this course at our premises in Newry and for our clients across Northern Ireland, the UK and the Republic of Ireland at their premises or a suitable site of their choosing.
*The following course(s) have been registered by CITB NI for grant assistance to registered in scope employers