NPORS Crane / Lift Supervisor (N405)
This NPORS accredited course is designed for anyone who works or wants to work as a Crane / Lift Supervisor
By the end of this course delegates will be able to answer and perform the following:
- Have a basic understanding of the industry, the dangers of working in the industry and their responsibilities as a crane / lift supervisor
- Explain the importance of locating and identifying different types of lifting equipment and lifting accessories. Explain their basic construction, uses, applications and functions
- Demonstrate how to interpret and extract information on all relevant documentation
- Explain and demonstrate diverse types of communication methods used for lifting purposes
- Explain procedures for placing non-serviceable items out-of-service
- Explain the function and use of the RCIs and anti-collision systems and use the information provided
- Explain setting up, erection, levelling and dismantling requirements for diverse types of lifting equipment and lifts
- Set up exclusion zone explaining actions required for emergency actions and identify overhead hazards
- Identify potential hazards and unsafe lifting practices using different lifting scenarios
- Explain the importance of checking the security of various types of loads and lifting accessories, explain the procedures ensuring load balance and integrity
- Supervise the movement of loads to different types of locations using different methods of communication
- Explain all Environmental considerations and explain how factors such as the external area to the lift zone can affect the planning of the lifting operation
- Carry out all cut-off–service and securing procedures
Maximum number of learners
Experienced Workers Test: 6
Novice: 3 days
Refresher: 1 day
Experienced Workers Test: 1 day
Theory question paper.
Delegates will be awarded a NPORS ID card, valid for 5 years.
If required, a certificate of attendance can also be provided at an additional charge.
We run this course at our premises in Newry and for our clients across Northern Ireland, the UK and the Republic of Ireland at their premises or a suitable site of their choosing.
*The following course(s) have been registered by CITB NI for grant assistance to registered in scope employers