NPORS Excavation Marshall – Banksperson (N027)
This NPORS course is designed for anyone who will have responsibility for manoeuvring excavating plant and ensuring excavation and service safety.
By the end of this course delegates should be able to answer and perform the following:
- Have a basic understanding of the industry, the dangers of working in the industry and their responsibilities as an Excavation Marshall – Banksperson
- Have knowledge of the equipment to be used and be conversant with risk assessments, method statements and permits to work
- Identify and maintain PPE appropriate for use
- Conduct all pre-excavation checks
- Agree communication signals and emergency procedures
- Safe positioning of Excavation Marshall – Banksperson
- Define and identify the different types of underground services
- Identify risks that excavations can present and how people can be affected
- Conduct all necessary safety checks at the work area
- Carry out all exploratory tasks
- Identify the risks of excavation near to underground services and the safe digging practices that should be adopted
- Carry out all end of shift and safe storage procedures
Maximum number of learners
Experienced Worker Test: 6
Theory question paper.
Delegates will be awarded a NPORS ID card, valid for 5 years.
If required, a certificate of attendance can also be provided at an additional charge.
We run this course at our premises in Newry and for our clients across Northern Ireland, the UK and the Republic of Ireland at their premises or a suitable site of their choosing.
*The following course(s) have been registered by CITB NI for grant assistance to registered in scope employers