NPORS: Excavator 360 Degree (N202)
This NPORS course is designed for anyone who works or wants to work as an Excavator 360o operator
By the end of this course delegates should be able to answer and perform the following:
- Have a basic understanding of the industry and their responsibilities as a plant operator
- Have a working knowledge of the manufacturer’s handbook for the particular Excavator 360o to be used
- To be able to locate and identify the major components of the Excavator 360o and explain their functions
- To be able to locate and identify steering, driving and braking controls and explain their functions
- Conduct all pre-operational checks in accordance with manufacturers and legislative requirements
- Identify and maintain PPE appropriate for Excavator 360o use
- Safely mount and dismount the machine
- Start and stop the engine and safely move the machine off and stop it safely
- Configure the machine for travel and manoeuvre it safely across varying terrain in open and confined areas
- Conduct all necessary safety checks at the work area
- Manoeuvre the machine to the work area and correctly configure in readiness to carry out excavating tasks
- Carry out excavating tasks
- Load material
- Reinstate excavation, grade and level ground
- Fit and remove attachments
- Carry out all end of shift and shut down procedures
Maximum number of learners
Experienced Worker Test: 4
Novice: 10 days
Refresher: 1 day
Experienced Workers Test: 1 day
Theory question paper.
Delegates will be awarded a NPORS ID card, valid for 5 years.
If required, a certificate of attendance can also be provided at an additional charge.
We run this course at our premises in Newry and for our clients across Northern Ireland, the UK and the Republic of Ireland at their premises or a suitable site of their choosing.
*The following course(s) have been registered by CITB NI for grant assistance to registered in scope employers