NPORS Excavator as a Crane (N100)
This NPORS accredited course is designed for anyone who works or wants to work with an Excavator as a Crane
By the end of this course delegates will be able to answer and perform the following:
- Have a basic understanding of the industry, the dangers of working in the industry and their responsibilities as an operator.
- Be able to conform to manufacturers requirements as per technical data, conform to relevant regulations and legislation
- Be able to locate and identify the major components of the machine and explain their functions
- Be able to locate and identify steering, driving and braking controls and explain their functions
- Safely mount and dismount the machine
- Start and stop the engine and safely move the machine off and stop it safely
- Configure the machine for travel and manoeuvre it safely across varying terrain in open and confined areas
- Conduct all necessary safety checks at the work area
- Be able to locate, identify and explain safe working loads, lifting capacity chart and explain different lifting configurations and working ranges
- Identify and explain different lifting procedures, explain what task could fall into each category
- Identify and explain centres of gravity, calculate estimated weights of loads
- Identify any overhead / proximity hazards
- Be able to agree the signal codes / hand signals, direction of movement, safe working and safe landing, placement zone with the slinger / signaller
- Ensure excavator is in a safe condition for attachments to be fitted
- Checked load integrity and security by carrying out trial lift
- Be able to lift and move a load to a designated position in a safe and controlled manner ensuring minimum uncontrolled movement
- Environmental considerations
- Carry out all out of service and securing procedures
Please note that these course objectives have been developed on the premise that these suspended loads will be slung by a qualified and authorised Slinger/Signaller.
Maximum number of learners
Novice: 3 (Bolt on: 4)
Refresher: 3 (Bolt on: 4)
Experienced Workers Test: 6
Novice: 5 days (Bolt on: 2 days)
Refresher: 1 day
Experienced Workers Test: 1 day
Theory question paper.
Delegates will be awarded a NPORS ID card, valid for 5 years.
If required, a certificate of attendance can also be provided at an additional charge.
We run this course at our premises in Newry and for our clients across Northern Ireland, the UK and the Republic of Ireland at their premises or a suitable site of their choosing.
*The following course(s) have been registered by CITB NI for grant assistance to registered in scope employers