NPORS Fire Warden (N703)
Having a designated Fire Marshall/ Warden at work is an important part of fire safety. The Fire Marshall/ Warden works together with the employer to ensure that fire safety measures and evacuation procedures are in place and effective. This course will provide you with the necessary training required to be a competent Fire Marshall/ Warden. The information in the course will enable you to take responsibility for fire safety in your workplace and protect everyone’s wellbeing.
By the end of the course the delegate should be able to:
- State the role & responsibilities of a Fire Marshall/ Warden
- Provide an overview of the current fire safety legislation
- Understand the dangers of fire and how it can spread
- List the main causes of workplace fires and fire preventative strategies
- Identify fire classifications and the methods of extinguishing different fire types
- Understand human behaviour in a fire situation
- Demonstrate actions to take in the event of a fire
- Demonstrate evacuation strategies and sweep searching techniques
- Undertake fire safety checks and how to complete a fire logbook
- Theory question paper.
- Practical assessment.
Delegates will be awarded a National Auditing and Training Ltd certificate of attendance, valid for 3 years.
We run this course at our premises in Newry and for our clients across Northern Ireland, the UK and the Republic of Ireland at their premises or a suitable site of their choosing.
*The following course(s) have been registered by CITB NI for grant assistance to registered in scope employers