NPORS Harness and Fall Arrest (N723)
This NPORS course is designed to ensure delegates have the knowledge and practical skills to work effectively and safely when using harness or fall arrest equipment.
By the end of this course delegates should be able to answer and perform the following:
- Have a basic understanding of the industry, the dangers of working in the industry and their responsibilities
- Have a working knowledge of the manufacturer’s handbook for the harness/fall arrest to be used
- Be able to locate and identify the major components of the harness/fall arrest and explain their functions
- Conduct all safety checks in accordance with manufacturer and legislative requirements
- Select suitable harness/fall arrest relative to work being undertaken
- Identify and maintain PPE appropriate for harness/fall arrest use
- Correctly demonstrate how to use PPE
- Correctly fit and remove the safety harness/fall arrest
- Carry out end of work inspections
- Environmental considerations
- Storage of harness/fall arrest
Maximum number of learners
Theory question paper.
Delegates will be awarded a NPORS ID card, valid for 5 years.
If required, a certificate of attendance can also be provided at an additional charge.
We run this course at our premises in Newry and for our clients across Northern Ireland, the UK and the Republic of Ireland at their premises or a suitable site of their choosing.
*The following course(s) have been registered by CITB NI for grant assistance to registered in scope employers