NPORS Loading Shovel (N209)
This NPORS accredited course is designed for anyone who works or wants to work with a Loading Shovel
By the end of this course delegates will be able to answer and perform the following:
- Have a basic understanding of the industry, the dangers of working in confined spaces and their responsibilities as an operative
- Have a working knowledge of the manufacturer’s handbook for the machine to be used
- Be able to locate and identify the major components of the machine and explain their functions
- Conduct all pre-operational checks in accordance with manufacturers and legislative requirement
- Identify and maintain PPE appropriate for dozer use
- Conduct all necessary safety checks at the work area
- Prepare the loading shovel for use, operate machinery safely and efficiently
- Attach and set trailed, mounted attachments ready for work
- Environmental considerations
- Storage and transport of implements and attachments
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of loading and unloading procedures for machine transportation
- Carry out all end of shift and shut down procedures
Maximum number of learners
Experienced Workers Test: 6
Novice: 5 days
Refresher: 1 day
Experienced Workers Test: 1 day
Theory question paper.
Delegates will be awarded a NPORS ID card, valid for 5 years.
If required, a certificate of attendance can also be provided at an additional charge.
We run this course at our premises in Newry and for our clients across Northern Ireland, the UK and the Republic of Ireland at their premises or a suitable site of their choosing.
*The following course(s) have been registered by CITB NI for grant assistance to registered in scope employers