NPORS: Marine Knuckle Boom Crane (N014)
This NPORS course is designed for anyone who works or wants to work on a Marine Knuckle Boom Crane.
By the end of this course delegates should be able to answer and perform the following:
- Have a basic understanding of offshore crane lifting operations, the dangers of working in the industry and their responsibilities as an operator
- Have a working knowledge of the manufacturer’s handbook for the particular Marine Knuckle Boom Crane to be used
- Be able to interpret the requirements of the lift plan and risk assessment
- Be able to locate and identify key controls and explain their functions
- Set up an exclusion zone, explaining actions required for emergency situations and identify any hazards
- Identify and maintain PPE appropriate for Marine Knuckle Boom Crane use
- Conduct all pre-operational and running checks in accordance with manufacturer and legislative requirements
- Identify and inspect suitability of landing area
- Prepare the Marine Knuckle Boom Crane for lifting duties as well as over side lifts
- Operate machinery safely and efficiently taking into consideration sea uplift and moving vessel decks
- Environmental considerations
- Carry out all end of work and shut down procedures
Maximum number of learners
Novice: 3 days
Refresher: 3 days
Experienced Workers Test: 1 day
Theory question paper.
Delegates will be awarded a NPORS ID card, valid for 5 years.
If required, a certificate of attendance can also be provided at an additional charge.
We run this course at our premises in Newry and for our clients across Northern Ireland, the UK and the Republic of Ireland at their premises or a suitable site of their choosing.
*The following course(s) have been registered by CITB NI for grant assistance to registered in scope employers