NPORS: Material Re-Handler (N722)
This NPORS course is designed for anyone who works or wants to work with a Material Re-Handler.
By the end of this course delegates should be able to answer and perform the following:
- Have a basic understanding of the industry, the dangers of working in the industry and their responsibilities as a plant operator
- Have a working knowledge of the manufacturer’s handbook for the particular Material Re-Handler to be used
- Be able to locate and identify the major components of the machine and explain their functions
- Be able to locate and identify steering, driving and braking controls and explain their functions
- Conduct all pre-operational and running checks in accordance with manufacturer and legislative requirements
- Safely mount and dismount the Material Re-Handler
- Start and stop the machine and safely move the machine off and stop it safely
- Configure the Material Re-Handler for travel and manoeuvre it safely laden and unladen, in open and confined areas
- Conduct all necessary safety checks of the work area
- Manoeuvre the machine to the work area and correctly configure in readiness to carry out lifting and load handling tasks
- Carry out processing tasks
- Lift and transfer loads accurately and safely at different locations
- Load and unload external transport safely
- Fit, adjust and or remove attachments
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of loading and unloading procedures for Material Re-Handler transportation
- Carry out all end of work and shut down procedures
Maximum number of learners
Experienced Worker Test: 4
Novice: 5 days
Refresher: 1 day
Experienced Workers Test: 1 day
Theory question paper.
Delegates will be awarded a NPORS ID card, valid for 5 years.
If required, a certificate of attendance can also be provided at an additional charge.
We run this course at our premises in Newry and for our clients across Northern Ireland, the UK and the Republic of Ireland at their premises or a suitable site of their choosing.
*The following course(s) have been registered by CITB NI for grant assistance to registered in scope employers