NPORS MEWP Scissor (N109)
This NPORS accredited course is aimed at people who require the knowledge and practical skills needed to enable them to safely operate a MEWP Scissor.
By the end of this course delegates will be able to answer and perform the following:
- Have a basic understanding of the industry, the dangers of working in the industry and their responsibilities as a plant operator
- Have a working knowledge of the manufacturer’s handbook for the particular machine to be used and other relevant sources of information
- Be able to locate and identify the major components of the machine and explain their functions
- Be able to locate and identify driving, steering and braking controls and explain their functions
- Conduct all pre-operational checks in accordance with manufacturers and legislative requirements
- Check all emergency lowering functions
- Safely mount and dismount the machine
- Configure the machine for travel and manoeuvre it safely on level ground and inclines in open and confined areas
- Conduct all necessary safety checks at the work area, including overhead and underground hazards
- Manoeuvre the machine to the work area and correctly configure in readiness to carry out accessing tasks
- Carry out accessing tasks, at various points up to full operating height
- Travel with platform raised (where applicable)
- Use platform extension section
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of loading and unloading procedures for machine transportation
- Carry out all end of shift and shut down procedures
Maximum number of learners
Novice: 4 delegates per day
Refresher: 4 delegates per day
Experienced Workers Test: 6 delegates per day
Novice: 1 Days
Refresher: 1 Day
Experienced Workers Test: 1 Day
Theory question paper.
Delegates will be awarded a NPORS ID card, valid for 5 years.
If required, a certificate of attendance can also be provided at an additional charge.
We run this course at our premises in Newry and for our clients across Northern Ireland, the UK and the Republic of Ireland at their premises or a suitable site of their choosing.
*The following course(s) have been registered by CITB NI for grant assistance to registered in scope employers