NPORS Multi Directional Lift Truck (Combi-lift) (N135)
This NPORS accredited course is aimed at people who require the knowledge and practical skills needed to enable them to safely operate a Multi Directional Lift Truck.
By the end of this course delegates will be able to answer and perform the following:
- Have a basic understanding of the industry, the dangers of working in the industry and their responsibilities as a plant operator
- Have a working knowledge of the manufacturer’s handbook for the particular machine to be used
- Be able to locate and identify the major components of the machine and explain their functions
- Be able to locate and identify driving, steering and braking controls in each travel mode and explain their functions
- Conduct all pre-operational checks in accordance with manufacturers and legislative requirements
- Safely mount and dismount the machine
- Start and stop the engine and safely move the machine off and stop it safely in each travel mode
- Configure the machine for travel and manoeuvre it safely laden and unladen, in open and confined areas in each travel mode
- Conduct all necessary safety checks at the work area
- Manoeuvre the machine to the work area and correctly configure in readiness to carry out lifting and load handling tasks using each travel mode as appropriate
- Carry out lifting and load handling tasks
- Lift and transfer loads accurately and safety at different locations
- Load and unload external transport safety
- Fit, adjust and or remove attachments
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of loading and unloading procedures for machine transportation
- Carry out all end of shift and shut down procedures
Maximum number of learners
Novice: 3 delegates per day
Refresher: 3 delegates per day
Experienced Workers Test: 4 delegates per day
Novice: 5 Days
Refresher: 1 Day
Experienced Workers Test: 1 Day
Theory question paper.
Delegates will be awarded a NPORS ID card, valid for 5 years.
If required, a certificate of attendance can also be provided at an additional charge.
We run this course at our premises in Newry and for our clients across Northern Ireland, the UK and the Republic of Ireland at their premises or a suitable site of their choosing.
*The following course(s) have been registered by CITB NI for grant assistance to registered in scope employers