NPORS Overhead Crane (N104)
This NPORS accredited course teaches you how to operate an Overhead Crane safely and productively.
By the end of this course delegates will be able to answer and perform the following:
- Have a basic understanding of the industry, the dangers of working in the industry and their responsibilities as an operator
- Have a working knowledge of the manufacturers handbook and be familiar with other sources of information available including relevant legislation
- Be able to locate and identify the major components of the machine and explain their functions
- Be able to locate and identify key controls and explain their functions
- Set up exclusion zones
- Identify and maintain PPE appropriate for Overhead Crane use
- Conduct all pre-operational and running checks in accordance with manufacturers and legislatives requirements
- Prepare the Overhead Crane for use and operate machine safely and efficiently
- Environmental considerations
- Carry out all end of shift and shut down procedures
Maximum number of learners
Novice: 3 delegates per day
Refresher: 3 delegates per day
Experienced Workers Test: 4 delegates per da
Novice: 3 Days
Refresher: 1 Day
Experienced Workers Test: 1 Day
Theory question paper.
Delegates will be awarded a NPORS ID card, valid for 5 years.
If required, a certificate of attendance can also be provided at an additional charge.
We run this course at our premises in Newry and for our clients across Northern Ireland, the UK and the Republic of Ireland at their premises or a suitable site of their choosing.
*The following course(s) have been registered by CITB NI for grant assistance to registered in scope employers