NPORS Plant Loader Securer (N120)
This NPORS accredited course is designed for anyone who works or wants to work as a Plant Loader Securer
By the end of this course delegates will be able to answer and perform the following:
- Have a basic understanding of the industry, the dangers of working in the industry and their responsibilities as an operative in the industry
- Have a working knowledge of the manufacturer’s handbook for the machine to be used and relevant legislation
- Be able to identify different types of transport, explain their purpose, the major components, basic construction, controls, and terminology
- Conduct all pre-operational checks in accordance with manufacturers and legislative requirements
- Conduct all necessary safety checks at the loading / unloading area
- Ensure that the transporter is correctly configured in readiness for loading and unloading
- Explain hazards that may exist in the work area and how to avoid them, e.g., underground services, overhead power lines etc
- Agree a method of communication and use it
- Load or direct items of plant onto and off transporting vehicle
- Arrange and secure items of plant on transport vehicle ready for transport on the public highway
- Carry out all end of shift and shut down procedures
Maximum number of learners
Experienced Workers Test: 6
Novice: 2 days
Refresher: 1 day
Experienced Workers Test: 1 day
Theory question paper.
Delegates will be awarded a NPORS ID card, valid for 5 years.
If required, a certificate of attendance can also be provided at an additional charge.
We run this course at our premises in Newry and for our clients across Northern Ireland, the UK and the Republic of Ireland at their premises or a suitable site of their choosing.
*The following course(s) have been registered by CITB NI for grant assistance to registered in scope employers