NPORS Plant Machinery Marshall (N133)
This NPORS course is designed for anyone who requires knowledge and practical skills in marshalling, moving, parking and working with Plant Machinery.
By the end of this course delegates should be able to answer and perform the following:
- Have a basic understanding of the industry and the relevant legislation, the dangers of working in the industry and their responsibilities as a Plant Machinery Marshall
- Have a working knowledge of the manufacturer’s handbook for the machine to be guided
- Have a good understanding of signs and signals, approved hand signals and different forms of communication
- Identity and maintain PPE appropriate for Plant Machinery Marshall
- Conduct all necessary safety checks of the work area including stop blocks and tipping areas
- Set up an exclusion zone for loading/unloading
- Guide machinery in a forward and reverse direction including confined spaces and “blind areas” safely and efficiently
- Environmental considerations
- Carry out all end of work and shut down procedures
Maximum number of learners
Experienced Worker Test: 6
Theory question paper.
Delegates will be awarded a NPORS ID card, valid for 5 years.
If required, a certificate of attendance can also be provided at an additional charge.
We run this course at our premises in Newry and for our clients across Northern Ireland, the UK and the Republic of Ireland at their premises or a suitable site of their choosing.
*The following course(s) have been registered by CITB NI for grant assistance to registered in scope employers