NPORS Plant Mover – Non-Operational Duties (N132)
This NPORS accredited course is designed for anyone who works or wants to work as a Plant Mover – Non-Operational Duties
By the end of this course delegates will be able to answer and perform the following:
- Have a basic understanding of the industry, the dangers of working in the industry and their responsibilities as an operator
- Have a working knowledge of the manufacturer’s handbook for the machine to be used
- Be able to locate and identify the major components of the machine and explain their functions
- Be able to locate and identify key controls and explain their functions
- Conduct all pre-operational checks in accordance with manufacturers and legislative requirements
- Identify and maintain PPE appropriate for plant mover use
- Prepare machinery for use and operate machinery safely and efficiently
- Conduct all necessary safety checks at the work area
- Environmental considerations
- Storage and transport of machinery attachments
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of loading and unloading procedures for machine transportation
- Carry out all end of shift and shut down procedures
Maximum number of learners
Experienced Workers Test: 24
Novice: 2 days
Refresher: 1 day
Experienced Workers Test: 1 day
Theory question paper.
Delegates will be awarded a NPORS ID card, valid for 5 years.
If required, a certificate of attendance can also be provided at an additional charge.
We run this course at our premises in Newry and for our clients across Northern Ireland, the UK and the Republic of Ireland at their premises or a suitable site of their choosing.
*The following course(s) have been registered by CITB NI for grant assistance to registered in scope employers