NPORS Quick Hitch Awareness (N726)
This NPORS course is designed for anyone who requires the knowledge and practical skills needed to enable them to use a Quick Hitch.
By the end of this course delegates should be able to answer and perform the following:
- Have a basic understanding of the industry, the dangers of working in the industry and their responsibilities as a plant operator
- Have a working knowledge of the manufacturer’s handbook for the particular Quick Hitch to be used
- Be able to locate and identify the major components of the Quick Hitch and explain their functions
- Identify and maintain PPE appropriate for Quick Hitch use
- Be able to explain the different types of Quick Hitch devices
- Conduct all pre-operational checks in accordance with manufacturer and legislative requirements
- Conduct all necessary safety checks at the designated change over area
- Fit and remove attachments safely and efficiently
- Demonstrate and explain checks for attachment security
- Carry out all end of shift and shut down procedures
Maximum number of learners
Theory question paper.
Delegates will be awarded a NPORS ID card, valid for 5 years.
If required, a certificate of attendance can also be provided at an additional charge.
We run this course at our premises in Newry and for our clients across Northern Ireland, the UK and the Republic of Ireland at their premises or a suitable site of their choosing.
*The following course(s) have been registered by CITB NI for grant assistance to registered in scope employers