NPORS: Safe use of Stepladders and Ladders (N711)
This NPORS approved ladders course is aimed at delegates who are or will be responsible for use of ladders and step ladders in the work place.
By the end of this course delegates should be able to answer and perform the following:
- Have a basic understanding of the industry, the dangers of working in the industry and their responsibilities
- Have a working knowledge of the manufacturer’s handbook for the ladder to be used
- Be able to locate and identify the major components of the ladder and explain their functions
- Identify and maintain PPE appropriate for ladder use
- Conduct all safety checks in accordance with manufacturer and legislative requirements
- Select suitable type of ladder, relative to the work being undertaken
- Erect, dismantle and relocate the ladder safely and efficiently
- Environmental considerations
- Carry out all end of work inspections
- Storage of ladder
Maximum number of learners
Theory question paper.
Delegates will be awarded a NPORS ID card, valid for 5 years.
If required, a certificate of attendance can also be provided at an additional charge.
We run this course at our premises in Newry and for our clients across Northern Ireland, the UK and the Republic of Ireland at their premises or a suitable site of their choosing.
*The following course(s) have been registered by CITB NI for grant assistance to registered in scope employers