NPORS: Safe Working at Height (N404)
This half day NPORS accredited course will provide delegates with the knowledge and competence to minimise the risk of a height related accident and how to properly maintain workplace equipment.
By the end of this course delegates should be able to answer and perform the following:
- Have a basic understanding of the industry, the dangers of working in the industry and their responsibilities when working at height
- Be able to define height work, identify the hazards of work above ground level and outline the general requirements necessary to control them
- Be able to identify accident causation in work at height
- Have an appreciation of planning and organisation of work at height
- Set up an exclusion zone explaining actions required for emergency situations and identifying any overhead hazards
- Identify and maintain PPE appropriate for safe working at height use
- Demonstrate working at height and explain all safety issues that could arise
Maximum number of learners
Theory question paper.
Delegates will be awarded a NPORS ID card, valid for 5 years.
If required, a certificate of attendance can also be provided at an additional charge.
We run this course at our premises in Newry and for our clients across Northern Ireland, the UK and the Republic of Ireland at their premises or a suitable site of their choosing.
*The following course(s) have been registered by CITB NI for grant assistance to registered in scope employers