NPORS: Safety Awareness (S001)
This NPORS accredited course provides health and safety awareness training and is endorsed by Build UK as standard training for all operatives on site.
By the end of this course delegates will be able to answer and perform the following:
- Have a basic understanding of the industry, the dangers of working in the industry and the responsibilities of the Employer, Employee and Self-employed.
- Have a basic understanding of emergency procedures – first aid and fire, health risks and welfare, working at height, PPE
- Have a basic understanding of hazardous substances and environmental waste protection and control, manual handling, electrical safety, hand tools and equipment
- Have a basic understanding of the effects that noise, vibration, and site transport have on individuals and the environment
- Have a basic understanding of excavations, inspections, and transport safet
Maximum number of learners
Novice: 1 day
Refresher: 1 day
Theory question paper.
Delegates will be awarded a NPORS ID card, valid for 5 years.
If required, a certificate of attendance can also be provided at an additional charge.
We run this course at our premises in Newry and for our clients across Northern Ireland, the UK and the Republic of Ireland at their premises or a suitable site of their choosing.
*The following course(s) have been registered by CITB NI for grant assistance to registered in scope employers