NPORS Slinger / Signaller (N402)
This NPORS accredited course is designed for anyone who works or wants to work as a Slinger / Signaller
By the end of this course delegates will be able to answer and perform the following:
- Have a basic understanding of the industry, the dangers of working in the industry and their responsibilities as a Slinger / Signaller
- Be able to conform to manufacturers requirements as per technical data, conform to relevant regulations and legislation
- Be able to locate, identify and explain different types of lifting equipment and lifting accessories.
- Explain their basic construction, uses, applications and their functions
- Be able to interpret and extract information on all relevant documentation
- Undertake all pre-use checks on non-specialist lifting accessories and identify non- serviceable items
- Explain procedures for placing non-serviceable items out-of-service
- Identify and explain centres of gravity and calculate estimated weights of loads
- Set up exclusion zone explaining actions required for emergency actions, identifying any overhead hazards
- Identify and maintain PPE appropriate for Slinger / Signaller use
- Secure various types of loads to a hook using the relevant lifting accessories and procedures ensuring load balance, security and integrity
- Direct and guide the movement of loads to different types of location using different methods of communication
- Environmental considerations
- Carry out all out of service and securing procedures
Maximum number of learners
Experienced Workers Test: 6
Novice: 2 days
Refresher: 1 day
Experienced Workers Test: 1 day
Theory question paper.
Delegates will be awarded a NPORS ID card, valid for 5 years.
If required, a certificate of attendance can also be provided at an additional charge.
We run this course at our premises in Newry and for our clients across Northern Ireland, the UK and the Republic of Ireland at their premises or a suitable site of their choosing.
*The following course(s) have been registered by CITB NI for grant assistance to registered in scope employers