NPORS Vehicle Marshal (N403)
This NPORS accredited course is designed for anyone who works or wants to work as a Vehicle Marshal.
By the end of this course delegates will be able to answer and perform the following:
- Have a basic understanding of the industry and the relevant legislation, the dangers of working in the industry and their responsibilities as a vehicle marshal
- Have knowledge of the manufacturer’s handbook for the particular vehicle / machine to be guided
- Have a good understanding of signs and signals, approved hand signals and different forms of communication
- Identify and maintain PPE appropriate for vehicle marshal duties
- Conduct all necessary safety checks at the work area including stop blocks and tipping areas
- Set up exclusion zone for unloading
- Guide machinery in a forward and reverse direction including confined spaces and “blind areas” safely and efficiently
- Environmental considerations
- Carry out all end of shift and shut down and parking procedures
Maximum number of learners
Experienced Workers Test: 6
Novice: 1 day
Refresher: 1 day
Experienced Workers Test: 1 day
Theory question paper.
Delegates will be awarded a NPORS ID card, valid for 5 years.
If required, a certificate of attendance can also be provided at an additional charge.
We run this course at our premises in Newry and for our clients across Northern Ireland, the UK and the Republic of Ireland at their premises or a suitable site of their choosing.
*The following course(s) have been registered by CITB NI for grant assistance to registered in scope employers